If you receive an invitation to attend an interview, you've already overcome the first hurdle. Now you must allow your personality to impress the HR manager during the interview, convincing them that you are professionally and personally suited to the position on offer.
Interviews have no standard format. This is why we recommend you take another detailed look at the company and vacancy beforehand. You'll find plenty of information on the company's website.
Frequently asked questions
These are some of the questions you may field during the interview:
- Describe your last role. Which tasks did you enjoy performing?
- Which tasks were not as enjoyable?
- Is there someone among your friends whose job you envy? What do you like about their job?
- What would your current/last boss say when asked about your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why are you interested in our industry/our vacancy?
- What are you looking for in a future employer? What do you expect of them?
- What do you think of the role in our company?
- Why do you want to change company?
- What do your partner/friends think about you applying to us?
- What do you want to achieve professionally and personally in the next few years?
- How does the working environment affect you?
Dress code & behaviour
In addition to proper, professional preparation, it is also important to dress suitably:
- Your clothing should be comfortable and create a good impression.
- Always attend the interview dressed in a manner that is appropriate to the industry, and observe existing dress codes (in banking and insurance, for instance).
- Be aware of your body language throughout the interview. Act calmly and confidently, but not arrogantly, being as natural as possible.
- Listen attentively throughout the interview and answer the questions briefly and succinctly. If possible, always provide examples to support your statements.
You should draw the following conclusions from the interview:
- Do the company and vacancy meet your expectations?
- Would you like to work for this company?
- What is the atmosphere like at the company? How are the relationships between colleagues?
- What do you think of the working environment?
Powerserv wishes you every success with your future applications!